Communiqué-Trainee Engineer Scheme
Trainee Engineer Scheme
“Pre-registration Training of Graduates in Engineering”
Facilities for two years’ practical training are being provided by the Ministry of Labour, Human Resource Development and Training under a special scheme known as the ‘Trainee Engineer Scheme’ for the placement of graduates in Engineering to enable them to qualify for registration with the Council of Registered Professional Engineers of Mauritius (CRPE) and to operate as full-fledged Engineers.
2. To be eligible for enlistment as Trainees, candidates should:
(i) be holders of a degree in the following fields: CIVIL, ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS, MECHANICAL and MECHATRONICS recognised by the CRPE as qualifying for registration under Ordinance No. 49 of 1965, as amended by Ordinance No. 9 of 1967; and
(ii) produce an Eligibility Certificate Stage 1 from CRPE.
- Upon successful registration, Trainees will be posted in Ministries, Government Departments and also in the private sector according to their fields of Engineering as per request received from organisations. During their two-year training, Trainees will work under the direct responsibility and supervision of a Professional Registered Engineer. Trainees will not be allowed to decide or advise or report on design or approve the designs of any engineering project.
- The candidates will be trained without any promise of employment in the Public Service and on completion of their training, they will be free to seek employment elsewhere. If they wish to join the Service, they will have to compete for the filling of such vacancies as may then be available.
5. During their training they will be given a stipend of Rs 25525 monthly. The Training will be limited to a maximum period of 24 months.
- Qualified candidates should register as jobseeker and upload their Curriculum Vitae and their copies of certificates including the letter of eligibility from the Council of Registered Professional Engineers of Mauritius through the website of the Ministry on http://mauritiusjobs.govmu.org. Candidates should thereafter call in person at the Training Unit of this Ministry, 8th floor, Victoria House, Corner St Louis and Barracks Street, Port Louis to produce the original documents together with a copy of same.
Date: 21 September 2022 Ministry of Labour, Human Resource Development and Training