Vacancy in Seychelles
Ministry of Labour, Industrial Relations and Employment
VACANCIES AT THE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION IN THE REPUBLIC OF SEYCHELLES
Applications are invited from qualified candidates who wish to work in the Republic of Seychelles as Social Science Teacher on a two year contract basis.
Candidates should be aged between 25 and 45 years by the closing date for the submission of applications.
Candidates should possess the required qualifications as mentioned below:
Social Science Teacher
and a Post Graduate Diploma in Education
and 2/3 years teaching experience
First Degree in fields other than Education.
Bachelor of Education or First Degree in fields other than Education
and a Post Graduate Certificate in Education
IV APPOINTMENT, DUTIES AND CONDITIONS OF WORK
Selected candidates will be offered employment on a two year contract. The duties and responsibilities are also available on the website of the Ministry of Labour at labour.gov.mu.
V SALARY AND REMUNERATION
The monthly salary will be in Seychelles Rupees as spelt out at paragraph III above. In addition, a Supplementation Allowance and an Inducement Allowance, over and above the personal salary will be paid. The salary and allowance are subject to 15% contribution of Income Tax. Further details are available on the website of the Ministry.
VI MODE OF APPLICATION
1. Qualified candidates should submit their applications on the prescribed forms, which may be obtained either from the Enquiry Counter of the Ministry of Labour, Industrial Relations and Employment (Employment Division) located on the 11th Floor, Sterling House, Lislet Geoffroy Street, Port Louis or the Employment Information Centres or the website of the Ministry http://www.mauritiusjobs.mu/downloads and on the website of the Ministry of Labour at http://www.labour.gov.mu
2. The application form together with the curriculum vitae and duly certified copies of certificates should be forwarded to the address at paragraph (VIII).
3. The post applied for should be clearly marked on the top left hand corner of the envelope.
4. Qualifications obtained after the closing date for the submission of application will not be accepted.
5. Incomplete, inadequate or inaccurate filling of the application form or failure to submit the Curriculum Vitae and duly certified copies of certificates may entail elimination of the applicant.
6. Applications received after the closing date and time mentioned in the advertisement will not be considered.
VII MODE OF SELECTION/RECRUITMENT
All applications received will be forwarded to the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Seychelles for selection and recruitment.
VIII CLOSING DATE OF APPLICATION
The closing date for submission of applications is 19 September, 2014 at latest by 16 00 hours.
29 August, 2014
The Permanent Secretary
(Attn: Mr A. Bhantoo)
Ministry of Labour, Industrial Relations
11th Floor, Sterling House
Lislet Geoffroy Street, Port Louis
Tel No: 213 2370/75